[spectre] emoto - Visualising the emotional response to the Olympics

Drew Hemment drew at futureeverything.org
Fri Aug 3 15:05:40 CEST 2012

emoto
Visualising the emotional response to London 2012
http://emoto2012.org

emoto is a unique data art project that captures and visualises the excitement around the Olympics. We track twitter for themes related to the Games, analyse the messages for content and emotional expressions, and visualise topics and tone of the conversation.

Visit our web-based visualisation (http://emoto2012.org) as the events unfold - find out which athletes and topics are most discussed, or view all current messages related to the Games. Also discover the interesting stories from the 700,000 tweets captured during the opening ceremony (http://blog.emoto2012.org) and follow us on twitter @emoto

emoto is a window to the emotional drama of London 2012 - for the first time in history we can read and make visible the emotion and attention of the crowd, the athletes and everybody participating, not just in the stadia, but all around the world.

Coming soon look out for the ‘emoto in London’ app for your mobile, a sensory data installation in Trafalgar Square during the Paralympics and a data sculpture as part of WE PLAY in Preston in September.

Created by Moritz Stefaner, Drew Hemment, Studio NAND. A FutureEverything (http://futureeverything.org) project with MIT Senseable City Lab for the Cultural Olympiad programme and London 2012 Festival.