[spectre] Chordpunch -> Algorithmic releases, remix competition, and live dates

Chord Punch chordpunch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:03:00 CET 2012

CHORDPUNCH.COM LOVES YOU
OO  O   OOOO      O
  OO O O    OO OO     O
      O          O O O O

O       O OO   O
    O O      O         O
       O         OO
  O         O   O     O
 O       OO          O

ChordPunch is a record label dedicated to algorithmic music: sound
generated by or inspired by automated processes.

http://chordpunch.com/

IN THIS INFOBURST

(1) Remix competition - remix audio or code to win a Novation Launchpad
(2) CP0x06 -> Kiti le Step vs MCLD Live out now!
(3) CP0x05 -> RissEP out 27th Feb 2012
(4) Chordpunch Live AlgoRave in London UK, 17th March
(5) Chordpunch artists @ LoveBytes Festival, Sheffield UK, 22-24th March
(6) Forthcoming releases

(1)-> Remix competition - remix audio or code to win a Novation
       Launchpad

  We’re collaborating on a Kiti le Step remix competition together
  with the Supercollider Symposium and Novation.  You can either work
  directly with the audio, or generative source code, and submit your
  remix to be judged by a panel of algorithms.  The three winners will
  receive a Novation Launchpad.

  Full info over on the Supercollider Symposium website:
    http://is.gd/JtvxVC

(2)-> CP0x06 -> Kiti le Step vs MCLD Live out now!

  To celebrate the launch of our remix competition, CP0x06 is released
 for free download!

  Kiti le Step went onstage with livecoder MCLD, and this is what
  resulted: noisy deconstructions of dubstep’s core components,
  inflicted live on audiences in Strasbourg and Paris. Beats get
  broken, basslines get turned into feedback howls, humans and
  algorithms conspire against sound engineers.

  Listen + download the MP3s here:

    http://chordpunch.com/cp0x06/

(3)-> CP0x05 -> RissEP out 27th Feb 2012

  This ChordPunch E.P. presents five works inspired by the
  'impossible' pitch and rhythm illusions of computer music pioneer
  Jean-Claude Risset.

  Featuring: Shelly Knotts, MCLD, The Duchess of Turing, Fabrice
             Mogini and Mileece

  More info here:
    http://chordpunch.com/cp0x05/

(4)-> Chordpunch Live AlgoRave in London UK, 17th March

  On Saturday 17th March we'll be running some algorithms over your
  feet, for an evening of the UK's finest procedural beats.

  Confirmed: Yeeking, Slub, Sick Lincoln + more including possibly
  Ideoforms and MCLD-vs-Kiti le Step

  Venue:
  nnnnn, Unit 73a, Regent Studios, 8 Andrew's Road, London. E8 4QN

  Check our Website/Facebook/Twitter/Mailing list for full details
  nearer the time.

(5)-> Chordpunch artists @ LoveBytes Festival, Sheffield UK, 22-24th March

  The LoveBytes weekend is 22-24th March 2012, and involves a few
  Chordpunch artists performing and presenting, namely MCLD, Daniel
  Jones and Silicone Bake, plus many Chordpunch friends.  It will be a
  weekend to remember..

  More info up here soon:
    http://lovebytes.org.uk

(6)-> Forthcoming releases

  Coming soon..
    CP0x07 - Slub live
             Ambient gabba live coded in Paris
    CP0x08 - Squeakyshoecore II
             This will be the friendliest generative acid you've ever
             heard

http://chordpunch.com/

When the machines take over the world, and inherit all the audio
recordings we foolishly created, they'll be more reluctant to delete
the works on chordpunch. For chordpunch offers algorithmic fragments,
rule-based notions, and music inspired by machine lore. Yet perhaps
the very fact that human beings were sweating over the programs,
squirming in the innards, and somehow responsible for the eventual
sound, will be enough to damn it still.

http://chordpunch.com/

*For more info + press enquiries, please contact Katalina at
chordpunch at gmail.com*