[spectre] Turbulence Commission: "We Ping Good Things To Life"

Turbulence.org turbulence at turbulence.org
Wed Feb 22 18:47:54 CET 2012

Turbulence Commission: "We Ping Good Things To Life: An Interactive Networked Installation In 5 Acts"
by Ephraim & Sadie Hatfield
http://turbulence.org/works/weping/

"We Ping Good Things To Life" is an ever evolving and expanding interactive networked installation that brings together elements of Toy Theater, Vaudeville performance, Surrealism, and consumer culture. Users can activate dozens of store-bought, found, and donated objects to create a unique performance, alone or with others, via the live streaming video feed.

Inspired by the work of friend and artist Jarvis Rockwell, "Act 1: Remember When We Used to Have Fun?" explores the hidden lives of toys.

New acts exploring assemblage, puppetry, and animatronics through themes of patriotism, cabaret, and the circus sideshow will be introduced every three weeks through June 4, 2012. The dates for new Acts are: March 12, April 2, April 24, and May 14. The project will be archived through a series of video highlights of the many performances.

"We Ping Good Things To Life" is a 2011 commission of New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc. for its Turbulence website. It was made possible with funding from the Jerome Foundation.

BIOGRAPHY

This reclusive couple has been producing art together since the mid-2000s. Their exact origins, an "ever evolving tale of half-lies and outright contradictions," can only be guessed at. Some have suggested that Ephraim & Sadie Hatfield have forged their identities in order to remain anonymous. To this they say, "Balderdash! If we wanted to live in obscurity do you think we'd have a website?" For additional information about the Hatfields see their website, http://hatfield.es. You can also follow them on Facebook at http://facebook.com/nobodylikesus.

For more Turbulence.org commissions, visit http://turbulence.org

"Like" us on Facebook:
http://facebook.com/nrpa.org
http://facebook.com/turbulence.org