[spectre] Séamas Cain in Berkeley, California

Séamas Cain seamascain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 21:32:31 CEST 2012

_____________________________________

With the “IRELAND IN CRISIS” Conference,
the 2012 International Conference of
ICIS : The International Congress of
Irish Studies, meeting on 10 and
11 July 2012 at International House
on the campus of the University of
California at Berkeley ...

1.)  At 2:45 p.m., on Tuesday, 10 July 2012,
I will present a Green Paper titled “THE NEW
WAVE OF INNOVATIVE WRITERS IN IRELAND” ...

For a free download of the
PDF for this Green Paper, go to ...

http://www.saorsainn.net/apps/documents

Or, go to ...

http://www.mnartists.org/artistHome.do?rid=685

2.)  At 11:30 a.m., on Wednesday,
11 July 2012, I will present scenes
from my poetic drama “The Prairie Gaeltacht.”
The play is based on stories and descriptions
of three of my grandparents, who were children
in several Irish-speaking Utopian Colonies
created in a desolate region of the western
prairies of Minnesota in the 1870s-1880s.

After a presentation of these scenes, there
will be a discussion between myself, Dr. Bridget
Connelly, Máire Ní Chatháin, and other descendants
of these Irish Colonists.

http://seamascain-writernetwork.org/photo3.html

3.)  To register for this Conference, go to ...

http://icisconference.eventbrite.com

International House, on the campus
of the University of California,
is located at ...