[spectre] Leonardo Electronic Almanac - Call for Papers

Lanfranco Aceti lanfranco.aceti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:45:42 CEST 2012

Call for Papers

The Culture of Digital Education: Innovation in Art, Design, Science
and Technology Practices - Leonardo Electronic Almanac

Senior Editors for this volume: Lanfranco Aceti, Nina Czegledy and Oliver Grau
Editor: Wendy Coones
Junior Editor: Manuelle Freire

In an era of fast technological growth and transforming art forms
there is an increasing need for educational flexibility by academic
institutions. It is essential to keep in mind that the profile of
higher education in the 21st century is going to be very different to
what it used to be.

What is our role in this changing environment and how do we proceed?

Deliberations on the prevalent trends and the future of education
indicate that “innovation” combined with breakthrough partnerships are
considered keys to the future.

The Leonardo Electronic Almanac (LEA) is inviting proposals from
academics, critical theorists and artists for this special issue
investigating the changes and innovation in the new culture of digital
education. Relevant areas of interest addressed by the issue’s
contributors could include, but are by no means limited to:

• Education, art, science and technology
• Education and social media
• Innovation at the intersection of interdisciplinary teaching and
learning practices
• Crisis in the digital classroom?
• e-learning: give me that video link of your recorded lecture and let me be!
• Learning and teaching in interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary practices
• Ownership and copyrights of learning materials
• Economic crisis and classroom crisis: rethinking the economy of learning
• Brain Gain/Brain Drain: who gains and looses in the contemporary classroom
• Emerging countries, emerging universities and emerging
interdisciplinary practices
• Hacktivist class: the class as research center
• Hybrid educational models
• Tactical Media and its progeny
• Histories of classroom methodologies and contemporary innovative approaches

For further information please go to :

http://www.leoalmanac.org/the-culture-of-digital-education-lea-call-for-papers/

Abstract deadline November 1, 2012