[spectre] The Moving Forest | 3 Keys - The River Oracle by the Hexists

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Jun 27 15:40:35 CEST 2012

Sorry for any cross posting...

3 Keys - The River Oracle by the Hexists

3 Keys - The River Oracle by the Hexists is the opening act of the
Moving Forest 12 hour performance.
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/moving-forest-act-0-3-keys-river-oracle

3 Keys - The River Oracle with The Hexists is a game of chance and
divination in association with The Moving Forest, Act 0. It attempts to
invoke the relationship between the divinatory functions of our
contemporary 'influencing machines' (cybernetic systems and game theory
using data-mining, data profiling and data protection) and traditional
magical ones, creating new machines in the process. Using tools such as
cards, dowsing, stick throwing to interpret phenomena in the landscape,
historical and current, 'readings' can be cast, allowing associative
action, language and thought to determine what might happen in the
future, to create a path, an artwork.

In 3 Keys (version 3), participants will follow the Hackney Brook, an
old subterranean river that begins near Finsbury Park and ends up in the
River Lea near the site of the Olympics, using different exercises to
interpret the landscape and cast readings. We will 'mark' the route
along the way with objects and stories and other inscriptions. The river
is the oracle and we are the transmission. The documentation and
divination tools will be made available for display in the exhibition
after the event.

3 Keys - The River Oracle is also part of the Invisible Forces
exhibition at Furtherfield Gallery.
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/exhibition/invisible-forces

All Invisible Forces Events
http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/event/invisible-forces-events

--
Other Info:

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since 1997

Also - Furtherfield Gallery&  Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield