[spectre] RealTime magazine - recent content

snagglepussy snagglepussy at snagglepussy.net
Thu Mar 8 02:40:37 CET 2012

RealTime is Australia's critical guide to international contemporary arts. Our focus is on innovation in performance (live art, experimental theatre, dance, music, sound), photomedia, film, video, interactive media and hybrid arts.

Below are some recent articles & video interviews from Australia and abroad that might be of interest.

Media Arts----------------
Hong Kong Media Arts  - Melinda Rakham
http://www.realtimearts.net/article/107/10547

Mark Amerika’s remixthebook - Lisa Gye
http://www.realtimearts.net/article/107/10548

Ctrl-z Symposium, Writing in the Age of New Media - Darren Tofts
http://www.realtimearts.net/article/107/10551

Natalie Jeremijenko & Mihir Desai, Wilderness Adventures for the Palate - Urszula Dawkins
http://www.realtimearts.net/article/107/10526

Stephen Jones, Synthetics: Aspects of Art and Technology in Australia, 1956-1975 - Erkki Huhtamo
http://www.realtimearts.net/article/107/10553

Sound & Media------------------
Video interview with composer Cat Hope - director of Decibel a new music ensemble
fusing digital and acoustic instruments and utilising interactive scores
http://www.realtimearts.net/article/107/10576

Video interview and studio profile on Kusum Normoyle
and her S.I.T.E (Screaming in the Everyday) at the Ljubljana Biennial of Graphic Arts
http://www.realtimearts.net/studio-artist/site-screaming-in-the-everyday

The Mechanical Piano, WAAPA, concert for Disklavier - Sam Gillies
http://www.realtimearts.net/article/107/10528

Soundcapsule #2 - free downloads of sounds by featured artists
http://www.realtimearts.net/feature_contents/soundcapsule

-----------If you'd like to receive fortnightly updates on recent content, join our e-list
-----------http://www.realtimearts.net/joinemail

thanks

Gail Priest
RealTime Online Producer - Associate Editor
gail at realtimearts.net
http://www.realtimearts.net