[spectre] Fwd: Bursaries and Limited Offer for FutureEverything Conference

Andreas Broeckmann broeckmann at leuphana.de
Fri Mar 9 13:36:12 CET 2012

Betreff: 	Please forward - Bursaries and Limited Offer for
FutureEverything Conference
Datum: 	Fri, 9 Mar 2012 12:29:12 GMT
Von: 	Drew Hemment <drew at futureeverything.org>

*Limited Offer on FutureEverything Conference *

*FutureEverything* is an award-winning festival and conference based in
Manchester.

We'd like to bring your attention to the upcoming conference events
running in Manchester between 17-18 May and the *special offer*, which
has just been announced.

The *FutureEverything 2012 Conference*
_http://futureeverything.org/speakers_(and associated workshop events)
brings together around 500 delegates from across the creative
industries, new technologies, innovation, arts, public sector and academia.

*FutureEverything* was recently rated by the Guardian as one of the *top
ten international ideas festivals*, alongside *TEDx*, *99%* and *South
by South West*.

The *FutureEverything 2012 Conference* looks at the next lurch into the
unknown brought about by a *new participatory culture* that is changing
our world. We see profound changes in the *digital and creative sector*,
as well as in society at large. The conference presents the *people who
are changing our world* and the *future-thinkers* who enable us to see
the possibilities of such connectivity.

Conference topics include:
**

   * *Participatory Media
     *
   * *Wikileaks and Arab Spring
     *
   * *Future Cities
     *
   * *Open Knowledge
     *
   * *Fab Lab Creative Communities*

Three of our keynote speakers (*Carlo Ratti*, *Rohan Gunatillake* and
*Cesar A. Hidalgo*) are from Wired Magazine's /The Smart List 2012: 50
People Who Will Change The World/. Additional speakers include Icelandic
MP and former Wikileaks spokesperson *Birgitta Jonsdottir*, *Bilal
Randeree* (Al Jazeera), *Juliana Rotich* (Ushahidi), *Bill Thompson*,
*William Heath* (Mydex), *Adrian Woolard* (BBC), *Juha van't Zelfde*,
*Moritz Stefaner* and more to be announced.

FutureEverything 2012 also hosts the launch of the £4M *Creative
Exchange* (_http://thecreativeexchange.org_) Knowledge Hub funded by
AHRC, and a celebration of the 75th anniversary of the *Mass Observation
Movement* and the *UN International Year of Co-operatives* - presented
with a unique contemporary twist by artists and designers working in
these new media.

Visit the website for further details:
_http://futureeverything.org/conference_.

The Festival also features a packed programme of *art* and *music* events.

*Special Offer* (until 01/04/12)
We have created a special offer of 20% off the current *Advanced Rate 2
Day Conference Ticket*. With this exclusive rate, the price is reduced
from *£180* to *£144*.

If you'd like to take advantage of this limited offer, quote this
promotion code when purchasing your ticket: *CSO2012*

Tickets can be purchased via this link, please select the *Advanced Rate
2 Day Conference Ticket* and press the promotion code button for this
exclusive special offer: _http://futureeverything.org/tickets/_

*Conference Bursaries*
FutureEverything is pleased to announce that a *limited number *of
Conference Bursaries are available for practicing artists, activists and
change makers without institutional support to ensure their voices are
fully represented at the Conference. Apply here _http://bit.ly/febursary_.

If you have any further queries do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best Wishes,

FutureEverything
39 Edge Street
Manchester