[spectre] Podcast: MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Ed Veenstra. Part I

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:40:02 CET 2012

*Podcast: MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Ed Veenstra. Part I*

Link: http://bit.ly/A7u1SG

MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH… seeks to break through to unearth and
reveal private collections of music and
sound memorabilia. It is a historiography of sound collecting that reveals
the unseen and passionate work of the amateur collector
while reconstructing multiple parallel histories such as the evolution of
recording formats, archiving issues, the collecting
market and the evolution of musical styles beyond the marketplace.

*Dutch collector Ed Veenstra* collects all kinds of music-objects by
plastic artists (a total of around 3,500) who have worked with
sound at some point in their careers. Records, but also what he calls
Anti-records, strange, impossible and unclassifiable
formats that approach the object from a radically different perspective and
exceed the traditional functions of the medium.
His thorough and detailed collection and classification work sheds light on
the art world's fascination with sound and music.

More at: http://rwm.macba.cat/
Follow us on: http://twitter.com/Radio_Web_MACBA