[spectre] call for architectural and public art projects (on a 1:200 scale)

Gabriel Menotti gabriel.menotti at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 09:27:58 CET 2012

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting!

Until the end of next week, I’m involved in a project in Refab Space
(Sheffield) called Urban Fabric. It consists of building a collective
maquette of the local Cultural Industries Quarter using cheap
fast-prototyping technologies. More info and some pictures of the work in
progress can be found on urbanfabricsheffield.tumblr.com

For this final round, we will attempt to intensify “offshoring” the urban
planning, to see what effects it might cause to our model Sheffield. This
means that we are accepting proposals for buildings and public art projects
to be constructed in the area. The proposals will go through the evaluation
of our imaginary city council and, in case they are deemed relevant and
feasible, be integrated to the maquette.

So, if you have any idea of an architectural project of public art piece
that would suit the area, please send along! Just email me [
gabriel.menottiATgmail.com] a brief description of it, along with a 3D
model in SketchUp, Blender or COLLADA file formats. Please, keep the model
*really* low poly and, if possible, without textures.

Best!
Menotti