[spectre] Disrupting the Continuum

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Nov 19 13:40:40 CET 2012

Sorry for any cross posting...

Disrupting the Continuum - Mark Hancock looks at Rob Myers’ Shareable
Readymades.

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/reviews/disrupting-continuum

Mark Hancock looks at Rob Myers’ Shareable Readymades, which combine
Open Source culture with a new perspective on the idea of original and
copyrighted artworks. As Hancock discovers, the result is a project that
explores our consumerist ideas about owning art, alongside the way the
Internet changes our relationship to production and sharing. Artworks
are also found to be no longer constrained by time and space. Access to
the raw data of the source file might be all that is needed to create
them and a new version of art history.

You can also find Mark's original article on Collaboration and Freedom –
The World of Free and Open Source Art
http://p2pfoundation.net/World_of_Free_and_Open_Source_Art

Part of the Furtherfield collection commissioned by Arts Council England
for Thinking Digital. 2011.

Other Info:

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since 1997

Also - Furtherfield Gallery&  Social Space:
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

About Furtherfield:
http://www.furtherfield.org/content/about

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield