[spectre] Uploaded, the 1st 3 dog Dérives at Furtherfield.

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Oct 22 11:42:37 CEST 2012

Sorry for any cross posting...

Uploaded, the 1st 3 dog Dérives at Furtherfield.

Laika’s Dérive/Dog’s DeTour (2011) is a new media locative data-mapping
work by Sarah Waterson.

Uploaded, the 1st 3 dog Dérives at Furtherfield.
http://laikasderive.sarahwaterson.net/

Part of the 'WWW: World Wild Web' exhibition at Furtherfield
Paula Crutchlow & Helen Varley Jamieson, Andy Deck, Mary Flanagan,
Genetic Moo, Dominic Smith, and Sarah Waterson

To be alive is to be wild. And we humans have a will that shapes the
world with language, song, lust, labour and play. And for those of us
who connect with it, a network of machines now extends our reach,
amplifies our urges and quickens our exchanges.

The artists in this exhibition work and play with living organisms and
technical things, systems and language, to explore how our relation to
the natural world is changing. They introduce us to the unruly life
going on in other natural webs of communication, knowledge and feral
exchange. Gallery visitors (humans and dogs) are invited to view videos,
interact with art installations and social media and undertake walks in
the surrounding park with its other animals and edible plants.

http://www.furtherfield.org/programmes/exhibition/www-world-wild-web