[spectre] A networked performance Exposition on the New Aesthetic. 1 November 8pm GMT

Annie Abrahams bram.org at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:29:34 CET 2012

Thursday 1 November 8pm GMT

Huis Clos / No Exit  - A networked performance Exposition on the New Aesthetic

With Annie Abrahams, Ruth Catlow, Ursula Endlicher, Nicolas Frespech
and Igor Stromajer
streaming interface Ivan Chabanaud
technical assistance Jan de Weille

Huis Clos / No Exit - Beyond (spectacle) is a serie of three
performances commissioned by ELMCIP for the Remediating the Social
conference at the Edinburgh College of Art, University of Edinburgh,
in collaboration with New Media Scotland and University College
Falmouth

The project is a follow-up of Huis Clos / No Exit – On Translation
presented on 29/05/2010 at NIMk in Amsterdam.

Three performances / Three public preparation sessions

Performances :
A networked performance Exposition on the New Aesthetic
1 November 8pm GMT
Edinburgh College of Art
free entrance without reservation

and online at huisclos.mosaika.tv - (find you local time)

2 and 3 November 3.30pm GMT
and online at huisclos.mosaika.tv

More information, including an image and a .pdf of the first
preparation : bram.org/huisclos/beyond
Information en français.

Preparation 1 online  :  25 October 6pm GMT
Preparation 2 online :  2 November 2pm GMT (find you local time)
Preparation 3 online :  3 November 2pm GMT (find you local time)

Using only their mother tongue the five artists will challenge each
other into collective action while trying to overcome language and
cultural differences. Their communication is handicapped by this
constraint - which means they will have to invent a new language based
on some common words, codes, the technical possibilities of streaming
and their bodies.

Will we choose to use more or even less rules? Will we need a leader
or continue without one? Maybe Ruth will become a leader naturally
because she is only one authorized to use English, the language
understood by all. What can we share? How can we position ourselves?
What kind of voice will be possible?

Networks are fragile.