[spectre] Circuit bending/hacking sound toys workshop by Tasos Stamou at London Music Hackspace

Sus susannagg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:13:56 CEST 2012

Dear Spectres,

If you are in London this weekend (21st and 22nd Sept), there are still
some places available for our second workshop at London Music Hackspace.
All the info below. And please excuse the cross-post.

Best,

Susanna.

--------------------

WORKSHOP BY TASOS STAMOU: CIRCUIT BENDING / HACKING SOUND TOYS at LONDON
MUSIC HACKSPACE

On Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd of September 2012 we will host the 2nd
workshop at the Music Hackspace.

Sound artist Tasos Stamou will introduce some of the most convenient
techniques to turn priceless junk into killing-sound electronic instruments
and sound sculptures.

The first day will be dedicated to present some of the most easy and
effective techniques to turn simple objects into useful sound devices.
There will also be an introduction to electronic music compositional forms
and instrument designs as well as as previews of musicians using hacked
equipment.

The second day will be a chance for participants to try out hacking and
testing new projects as well as practicing their own designs in real-time
at a collective jamming. Participants are welcome to bring their own
devices for bending otherwise some hackable toys will be available for
hacking and takeaway with a minimum extra charge.

Please register via workshops at musichackspace.org

Dates: Friday 21st Sept 7 to 9 pm & Saturday 22nd Sept 5 to 7 pm

@ Music Hackspace: Unit 30, Cremer Business Centre. 37 Cremer Street.
London E2 8HD

Fee: £25 both days, materials included.

Tasos Stamou is, among other activities concerning sound art, a dedicated
circuit bender and an instrument modifier/ designer. He has been using his
hacked creations into various performances (such as at the BENT festival in
NYC) and recordings (labels: Absurd, Triple Bath, Errorcode). He is
currently concentrated into video-bending and DIY modular synthesizer
research and designs.

www.tasosstamou.com
http://stamouinstruments.blogspot.co.uk/

http://musichackspace.org/workshop-by-tasos-stamou-circuit-bending-hacking-sound-toys/

http://musichackspace.org

The London Music Hackspace is a place to share thoughts, knowledge,
technologies, processes and aesthetics on music and audio. We welcome
artists, engineers, students, and lawyers too! We meet every Thursday.
We're proud members of London Hackspace<http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/>