[spectre] MM

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 16 23:35:36 CEST 2013

MetaConstruct Manifesto:

annihilation poetics and amagideon art in an authoritarian and antagonistic age

<http://www.bbrace.net/M-scans/M-scans.html>

  Contemporary "Artworld artists" on the self-aggrandizing circuit, are invariably
reduced to illustrating and trivializing popular political opinions under the
deceitful guise of creating clever cultural currency and cloying "relevancy." Are
you just as amazed to learn that apparently most of these (disingenuous)
"artists" today have regular commercial gallery exhibits, international
representation, government funding, cushy teaching jobs, critical support,
duplicitous colleagues, fancy homes and professional studios/supplies?... (While
basic necessities are routinely denied to many of us our entire working-lives by
creepy, arrogant Artworld and Corporate despots...) Accordingly, my MetaConstruct
installations can now only occur in the aftermath of significant cultural
devastation -- gutted, globalized galleries, crucified curators, fraudulent
Arts-funding and the hoax of institutional Art-history...

In the 20+ years since my last public installation, these various, modest
components have continued to be developed beyond their depicted states
here/online. Obviously, increasingly corrupt and incestuous Art Institutions
cannot be trusted to exhibit and support, fine integral work that enables idioms
rather than regurgitated stylistic/ideological constraints and apologetics...

  Perhaps, at-heart, this work was always an independent aspiration seeking
intimate constellar conditions for its long-regarded re-entry into a respectable
realm -- poised as it was, on the perpetually charred cultural rubble of the
present -- but we still yearn for righteous revenge, equitable access to
resources, and an end to irresponsible, supercilious, cabalistic, cultural
imperialism.

<http://www.bbrace.net/M-scans/M-scans.html>

/:b