[spectre] Hijacked eBook Bestsellers As Literary Trojan Horses

Luc gglobaltakeover at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:02:24 CEST 2013

Until now, books were the last advertisement free refuge.

We programmed an algorithm to automatically context-contaminate digital
Text with Ad-Slogans drawn from a database.

We want to investigate possibilities of Ad-Subsidized eBooks as well as
authenticity of text in Ad-driven environments by manipulating current
ebook Bestsellers.

Jeff Bezos does not make a big secret that he would like to sell books for
next to nothing. He clearly stated that 'advertising is the price you pay
for having an unremarkable product or service'. Which isn't a bad thing. If
you know how it works.

Amazon sees the future of advertising in books and the future of books in
advertising. They currently operate on device- and shop-level, but there is
no doubt in-line content will be used too, opening a whole new field to
generate profits: not only Reading Devices are about to become full-fledged
advertising machines, but also content they're carrying. The Amazon Book
Business isn't run by Bibliophiles.

The idea is that books can be sold at nothing, given away for free —
subsidized by Advertisements.

In our releases, original titles and meta data are not being changed and
depending on the level we let the algorithm work, readers won't even
realize any changes in the books. The DRM-cracked bestsellers are
disseminated via torrents and identifiable through additional information
on brands being abused, as in this torrent for demonstration. Company
trackbacks are made possible and welcomed that way.

We want to sensibilize and encourage Authors to think about those facts
creating new narratives, making money where there does not seem to be any
money — in writing.

And we want you to be aware when consuming.

Demo Release Internet - Segen oder Fluch
https://ca.isohunt.com/release/982046

--
http://traumawien.at