[spectre] i-node vacancy

Katerina Karoussos kkaroussos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:07:40 CET 2013

Vacancy: Advisory Professor -Part-time PhD/ Postdoc Supervisor

at the I-Node of the Planetary Collegium

The Island of Kefalonia – Greece

Title: (SP/I-Node)

Job Description:

The Supervisor will develop innovative policies aimed at defining the profile of the I-Node and at giving an impulse to the international character of the Planetary Collegium research programmes. He or she will be an initiator in research reform projects based on transdisciplinarily towards the I-Node’s main research area on Syncretic Strategies towards Art, Science and Technology.

Requirements:

§   Ph.D. in a relevant transdisciplinary field of SciArt and technology;

§  experience in supervising Ph.D. students;

§  reputation in the research area, as evidenced by a substantial list of publications in internationally recognized journals and/or conference proceedings;

§   abreast of international developments in the above mention field;

§   thorough grounding in transdisciplinary methodology;

§   international orientation, as evidenced by participation in international research projects and research networks;

§   focus on  transdisciplinary aims and fully committed to working closely with other disciplines;

§  proven experience with administrative and organizational tasks;

§  solid track record in acquiring external funding from indirect and contract sources;

Main Duties and Responsibilities:

·         Supervise the research updates for the three mandatory ten-day face-to-face Composite Sessions each year. It is required to attend all meetings and participate as needed.

·         Apart from these meetings, the supervisor should keep online contact with the PhD/ Postdoc candidates on a regular basis.

·         Participate in broader activities of the Planetary Collegium group (conferences, exhibitions etc.)

·         Overseeing of qualification standards for prospective students;

Other Relevant Details:

·         The selection process may include a trial session and/or an assessment to be held in I-Node’s spring session, 9-18 April. The employment contract – appointed as Consultancy Service-will have a duration of two years.

·         The salary will be in accordance with the enrolled PhD/Postdoc candidates, with a maximum of €700 per student/per year. (This includes travel expenses to and from the session’s venues.)

Applicants are requested to write a letter of interest in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by a full curriculum vitae.

Letters of interest and CVs should be sent before March 9, 2013, to: ionionode at gmail.com

Please mention the Job title (SP/I-Node) in the "Subject" line of your email .

Any other correspondence in response to this announcement will not be dealt with.