[spectre] Selection of interviews by Marc Garrett 2010-2013.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Jul 9 13:20:46 CEST 2013

Sorry for any cross posting...

Selection of interviews by Marc Garrett 2010-2013.

A selection of interviews by Marc Garrett between 2010-2013, with people
involved in art, technology & social change.

http://marcgarrett.org/selected-interviews-by-marc-garrett/

Through the years I have interviewed all kinds of people. And yes, it is
has been an absolute privilege to be part of a brilliant culture, where
there are so many amazing and interesting minds. Some view this vibrant
culture as media art or new media art as it has developed in parallel to
the mainstream art world. However, out of this societal shift a whole
new breed of art practitioners has founded a form of controlling the
means of art production on their own terms. This leads us to questions
about what values can we now interpret as contemporary art?

Well, without any doubt I personally view all of these artists,
theorists, coders, hacktivists and tinkerers, as part of larger field of
contemporary art practice. As someone who has been deeply entwined in
the history of this expanding field; I know, just like many others, that
the most interesting and critically engaged art happening out there,
does not only contribute as merely a reflection of the world, but it
also plays a vital role in changing its reality. This means something...

Other connected links.

My Academic blog. Much more to add...
http://marcgarrett.org/about/about-this-site/

Also on Academia.edu
http://birkbeck.academia.edu/MarcGarrett

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield