[spectre] Please can you submit the following listing. Thanks.

diana ali alidiana at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 18:53:16 CEST 2013

Atelier 35

Strada Selari

Bucharest

Romania.

* *

*PRESS RELEASE*

*‘A State of Un-Play.’*

* **Curated by Diana Ali (UK)*

15th-28th July 2013.

Atelier 35, Strada Selari, Bucharest, Romania.

Curator and Visual Artist, Diana Ali in collaboration with Atelier 35 is
pleased to present the exhibition ‘A State of Un-Play’; an exhibition of
contemporary art work investigating the ethics of game playing tactics in
our daily lives.

What does game playing become after the innocence of childhood imagination?
We are often confronted with playing games subconsciously as the controller
or the player whereby we have our own rules, routines and rituals.

Game is defined as adopting goals, rules, challenges and interactions but
as the philosopher, Ludwig Wittgenstein claims, games can be a misconstrued
meaning of language and the mind. Because we misunderstand language, we use
indirect communication, thought experiments and mind games to get a sense
of one-upmanship to empower or demoralize. What extremes can we go to for
feeling recognition, wanting, acceptance and achievement?

Featured international artists exhibit their work to visually explore an
avenue of mind games, strategy and philosophical investigations as well as
an appeal to take part. The exhibition includes, video, film, photography,
installation, interventions, painting and drawing.

For a full list of all the artist’s details please visit:

*http://astateofunplay.blogspot.co.uk/*

Diana Ali: alidiana at gmail.com / www.dianaali.com