[spectre] This Wed! Autonets Convergence Toronto

micha cárdenas mmcarden at usc.edu
Mon Nov 11 21:02:27 CET 2013

[image: autonets-convergence-toronto]<http://imap.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/autonets-convergence-toronto.jpg>

*Building Our Autonomy: Autonets Convergence Toronto*
*Wednesday, November 13, 7-9PM *
*Robarts Library, Room 1150, 130 St. George Street*

*Short talks by*

*micha cárdenas, Autonets (http://autonets.org/
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fautonets.org%2F&h=wAQEZgvmqAQGRs6gxNqQshVnJSa9oSg4ZJPve8aijO8ptLw&s=1>)*

*Farrah Khan, Barbra Schlifer Clinic (http://schliferclinic.com/
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fschliferclinic.com%2F&h=0AQG3rzCyAQHupeRSrz1Fqn2kcMJUaE3AOgAl0LUivOMMRA&s=1>)
*

*Joan Ruzsa, Ritten House
(http://joanr73.wordpress.com/rittenhouse-mission-and-core-values/
<http://joanr73.wordpress.com/rittenhouse-mission-and-core-values/>) *

This wednesday, join us for this networking event between anti-violence
organizers and tech makers to come up with new ways to use technology to
end violence! Autonets Convergence aims to brings together hackers,
anti-racist coders, gender hackers, gender changers, dancers, movement
makers, poets, performers, media makers, anti-violence, transformative
justice and prison abolitionist activists by giving them a space to share
their knowledge and their skills in order to help stop violence against
queer and trans* people, people of color, disabled people, two-spirit
people, sex workers and women. Engaging in discussion with the
local community members based in Toronto as well as with the community at
UofT about the kinds of violence we face daily, we will collectively work
towards creative community-based responses to end violence, creating
experiences and skills which at the end of the workshop we can take back to
our own communities. The goal is to seed a movement of creative
free/libre/open source technologies in concert with non-digital, community
based solutions, to end gendered, racialized, sexual and ableist violence.

More information at http://autonets.org

Workshop organized by micha cárdenas and Patrick Kielty, Assistant
Professor, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto. micha is an
artist, hackctivist, poet, performer, student, and educator, mixed-race
trans femme latina survivor who works at the intersection of movement,
technology and politics.www.michacardenas.org

https://www.facebook.com/events/207939576042480/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Venue is wheelchair accessible, please do not wear chemical
scents<http://www.brownstargirl.org/1/post/2012/03/fragrance-free-femme-of-colour-realness-draft-15.html>
create accessibility for those with chemical injury. ASL can be provided,
but you need to RSVP for ASL by the facebook page.

--
micha cárdenas

http://michacardenas.org
http://twitter.com/michacardenas