[spectre] fwd: A la recherche de l'exposition perdue

Janos Sugar sj at c3.hu
Sun Sep 8 11:12:39 CEST 2013

András Szirtes's Film Diary 1979-2004

A la recherche de l'exposition perdue

OSA presents András Szirtes's Film Diary
1979-2004: In search of exposition lost. Opening
on September 10, the exhibition at Galeria
Centralis presents the films,  drawing sketches,
written notes and images selected by experimental
filmmaker András Szirtes, who has been making
films since the late 1960s. For the duration of
the exhibition, Szirtes's films will be screened
every evening from 7 pm with the active
participation of the filmmaker.

Szirtes writes:
"Some write diaries, others photograph them. In
1979, having had directed a number of
experimental films of international acclaim
(Suburb, Birds, Dawn) and with about ten years of
filmmaking experience, I wondered: what if I
started keeping a diary on film tape, by way of
"my fountain pen is my camera", or "Man with the
Movie Camera"?

I left it to my instincts to help the material
find its own form. I filmed for 25 years, from
1979 to 2004, first with a movie camera and then
with a video camera. What I had in mind was a
series of 30-minute etudes, totalling 48
interrelated pieces which, together, would
constitute a film epic of precisely 24 hours in
length.

The exhibition presents my drawing sketches,
written notes and images selected from the nearly
1.5 million frames. The 40 films I have made will
also be screened in chronological order. These
include Diary Parts 1 to 16 which, over the
decades, have gained their final form."

http://szirtesfilm.hu/

OSA Archivum / Galeria Centralis - 1051 Budapest, Arany János u. 32.
Tue, 09/10/2013 - 18:00 - Sun, 10/20/2013 - 18:00

http://www.osaarchivum.org/events/Andr%C3%A1s-Szirtes%E2%80%99s-Film-Diary-1979-2004-%C3%80-la-recherche-de-lexposition-perdue