[spectre] - Hell no, we wont go!

Dan Arenzon dan at danarenzon.eu
Tue Sep 10 13:35:22 CEST 2013

The definition of Culture varies throughout history and geography.
Symposium´s is on the other hand clear; it has to do with getting together and celebrate, drinking (the old greeks enjoyed dialogue and wine)

I received via Spectre an invitation to participate in a symposium of media culture in moscow
there is not a line, a word, or comment in it, about the unbeareable situation of millions in Russia.
nothing
Neither did I find any underlying affective understanding of the suffering the country is going through.

LGBTQ people in Russia are being systematically hunt down, beaten, tortured, jailed and murdered.
Organizations and people who work for human rights are being silenced, fined, jailed and forced to leave.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights starts with:

"Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family
is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,
whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind,
and the advent of a world
in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief
and freedom from fear ..."

unless the organizers, speakers and guests know better than I do
and freedom of expression and respect of civil liberties will empower everyone in this meeting to speak about creation and communication,

i must decline this invitation.

Oh, as my dad always said, I have not learnt to keep my mouth shut !
OPEN YOUR MOUTH is an action that started in berlin

i am posting a very hard to watch link to Barbie Breakout´s statement about Russia
http://vimeo.com/71635410

danarenzon.eu

Begin forwarded message: