[spectre] Call for proposals 3WDS14 - Waterwheel World Water Day Symposium 2014

suzon fuks suzon at igneous.org.au
Mon Sep 30 08:19:16 CEST 2013

Apologies for cross postings
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
WATERWHEEL WORLD WATER DAY SYMPOSIUM 2014
"WATER VIEWS: CARING AND DARING"
17- 22 March 2014

held on the internet platform Waterwheel http://water-wheel.net
& in 12 nodes in 5 continents

Download info & guidelines http://bit.ly/3WDS14-call-pdf
Descargar información y directrices http://bit.ly/3wds14-convocatoria-pdf
Téléchargez infos & directives http://bit.ly/3WDS14-appel-pdf

To scientists, academics, artists, architects, urbanists, engineers,
practitioners, activists, inventors and water drinkers to submit projects,
papers, performances, panels and workshops.

THEME: "WATER VIEWS: CARING AND DARING"
SUB-THEMES:

* Histories of human perceptions and practices pertaining to freshwater
and seawater
* Knowledge of our vulnerabilities and conflicts, needs and trends,
success and failures involving water
* Communication facilitating our collective goals, plans, values and
dreams for water, as well as the governance and stewardship that would
facilitate them.

So far, there will be nodes in San Francisco, New York, Buenos Aires,
Tunis, Berlin, Coburg, Poznan, Torun, Paris, Syracuse, Athens, Hydra and
Cairns. We also welcome proposals for new nodes. Technical hints here
http://bit.ly/Tap-technical-guide

NEW FOR THIS EDITION

- PITCH/MATCHING SESSIONS
  Fostering greater creative collaboration among artists and scientists,
four days of ³pitch matching sessions² (Oct 18-21) will offer options for
meeting others and exchanging ideas prior to submitting project proposals.
If interested, join the doodle http://bit.ly/3WDS14-PitchMatch-doodle
introducing yourself & your work in the comments section!

- VOICE OF THE FUTURE: special call for proposals from youth, up to age 18
  Download here http://bit.ly/3WDS14-youth-call-pdf
  Descargar información http://bit.ly/3WDS14-convocatoria-joven
  Téléchargez infos http://bit.ly/3WDS14-appel-jeune

TIMELINE
27 September 2013            Call open
18, 19, 20 & 21 Oct 2013     Online pitch matching sessions
http://bit.ly/3WDS14-PitchMatch-doodle
22 November 2013             Closing date for submission
21 January 2014              Notifications
4 February 2014              Program out
1-4 March 2014               Training on Waterwheel & technical test
7 March 2014                 Final papers and media uploaded
17 - 22 March 2014           Symposium week

The proceedings will be peer-reviewed and published online as an e-book
with an ISBN.

Abstracts, performances, workshops & panel proposals must be submitted
BEFORE 22 November 2013 via the electronic EasyChair system
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=3wds14
How to submit step-by-step on easychair: watch the video
http://bit.ly/easychair-3WDS14_En
Past symposium information on this blog http://blog.water-wheel.net

FOR ALL INFO, DOWNLOAD http://bit.ly/3WDS14-call-pdf
EMAIL TO symposium at water-wheel.net

Please forward to & share this call with others who you think may be
interested