[spectre] Are We Human or Resistor? Ryan Jordan & Jonathan Kemp's "Psychotronic Reactor" at Reactor Halls

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Thu Apr 3 12:41:36 CEST 2014

Sorry for any cross posting...

Are We Human or Resistor? Ryan Jordan & Jonathan Kemp's "Psychotronic
Reactor" at Reactor Halls

Nathan Jones has his head bent by an evening of psychogeophysics and
laboratory manufactured noise at Reactor Halls E09: Psychotronic
Reactors, by Ryan Jordan & Jonathan Kemp, at Reactor's new space in
Primary, Nottingham.

“The background reading on psychogeophysics is rich with conceptual
freakery, based on the application of experimental conditions to pick up
signals and messages from the spiritual other - such as the notorious
Electronic Voice Phenomena experiments of Konstantin Raudive, which
reportedly discerned the voices of the dead in electronic noise. The
term psychogeophysics itself is a half-tongue-in-cheek addition to the
always-already-playful ‘psychogeography’ adding to concerns with the
summative effects of environment and mind on arts practice, with a
pataphysical enquiry into the earth’s wave-spectrum effects as they
impact on consciousness.”

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/reviews/are-we-human-or-resistor-ryan-jordan-jonathan-kemps-psychotronic-reactor-reactor-ha