[spectre] Most listened podcasts - March 2014 - Ràdio Web MACBA

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:46:10 CEST 2014

*Most listened podcasts - March 2014 - Ràdio Web MACBA*

1- *MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH.... Eric Isaacson. Part I*

It may seem obvious looking back but Eric Isaacson had no idea that a
childhood obsession with The Beatles and an armful of Daniel Johnston
cassettes would be the foundation for his work as founder of Mississippi
Records label and shop and the keeper of a uniquely free flowing record
collection that is detached from time.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia-eric-isaacson/capsula
Playlist:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20140313/Memorabilia_Eric_Isaacson_eng.pdf

*2- INTERRUPTIONS #16. On duration: silence is unavailable, please buy time
or switch dimensions. Curated by Dave Phillips. *

Dave Phillips' mix is a true assault on the senses that reflects on extreme
durations in music and our relationship with the temporality of sound.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/dave-phillips-on-duration/capsula

Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20140220/16Interruptions_eng.pdf

*3- **PROBES #7. Curated by Chris Cutler*

PROBES #7 examines some of the preparations applied to percussion and voice
before beginning to look at the recovery and invention of extended
performance techniques; starting with the piano.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes7-1-chris-cutler/capsula

Playlist: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20140305/Probes7_eng.pdf

Transcript:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20140130/07probes_transcript_eng.pdf

* 4- **SON[I]A #188*

Bartomeu Marí, Beatriz Preciado and Valentín Roma talk about the conceptual
structure that will drive the MACBA's programming from 2014 to 2016.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/conceptual-structure/capsula

* 5- MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH.... Brian Shimkovitz. Part I*

The tale of how a student of ethnomusicology from Brooklyn spent a year in
West Africa buying tapes off street markets... and how he managed to turn
that bizarre collection into one of the most revered record labels in
recent years.

Link:

http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia_brian_shimkovitz/capsula

Playlist:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20130903/Memorabilia_Brian_Shimkovitz_eng.pdf

*6-* *FONS ÀUDIO #25.  **Eulàlia Valldosera. *

Eulàlia Valldosera talks about the early stages of her career, about her
use of light, her status as a woman, her creative processes, and about some
of her works in the MACBA Collection.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/fons-eulalia-valldosera/capsula
PDF: http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20140327/Fons25_eng.pdf

*7-* *SON[I]A #187. Interview with Diedrich Diederichsen. *

The cultural critic and music journalist Diedrich Diederichsen talks about
the role of criticism in contemporary art, the social dimension of today's
music, and the links and differences between the art and music worlds.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/diedrich-diederichsen/capsula

*8-* *MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH.... Andy Votel. Part II*

A selection of records that use eccentric voice manipulation techniques;
from human existentialism and sound poetry to electronic, mechanical and
computer distortion.

Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia-andy-votel-collection/capsula
Playlist:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20140113/Memorabilia_andy_votel_partII_eng.pdf

*9- SON[I]A #187. Diedrich Diederichsen. Deleted scenes*

We dig up some unreleased fragments of the interview with the cultural
critic and music journalist Diedrich Diederichsen.

Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/diedrich-diederichsen-deleted-scenes/capsula

* 10- MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH.... Andy Votel. Part I*

Over the past twenty years, Andy Votel has travelled far and wide in a
quest to buy as many records as he could. His main motivation is to listen
to music, and the only way to get the music he likes is generally to buy
and collect it.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/memorabilia-andy-votel/capsula
Playlist:
http://rwm.macba.cat/uploads/20131212/Memorabilia_Andy_Votel_eng.pdf