[spectre] The Absurdity of Art Speak, Art Worlds, and what we can learn from Big Data.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Apr 25 12:57:00 CEST 2014

Sorry for any cross posting...

The Absurdity of Art Speak, Art Worlds, and what we can learn from Big Data.

Annet Decker interviews Jonas Lund whose practice revolves around the
mechanisms that constitute contemporary art production, its market & the
established 'art worlds'. Using a wide variety of media, combining
software-based works with performance, installation, video, photography
and sculptures, he produces works that have an underlying foundation in
writing code. By approaching art world systems from a programmatic point
of view, the work engages through a criticality largely informed by
algorithms and 'big data'.

http://www.furtherfield.org/features/absurdity-art-speak-art-worlds-and-what-we-can-learn-big-data