[spectre] New podcast: Interview with the activist Marek Tuszynsk (Tactical Tech)

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:45:34 CEST 2014

*New podcast: Interview with the activist Marek Tuszynsk (Tactical Tech) *

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/marek-tuszynski/capsula

SON[I]A talks to Marek Tuszynski about the main motivations and strategies
behind Tactical Tech, focusing on how the power of information can help
marginalised social actors to expose and possibly counter dominant
narratives. Our presence on the networks often leaves permanent traces in
an environment ruled by a powerful few, but the awareness of our 'digital
shadow', together with cooperation among people with different backgrounds,
can make a real difference.

Marek Tuszynski is the director of programmes and technology for the
Tactical Technology Collective, an international NGO founded in 2003 that
helps rights advocates use digital resources safely and effectively through
a wide range of on and off-line tools such as films, toolkits, guides,
events and workshops.

He recently produced and directed a series of documentary films for
Tactical Tech called 'Exposing the Invisible', which were screened during
the 2014 Barcelona Creative Commons Film Festival.