[spectre] Rebel Technology Modular Synth Workshop - Saturday 16 May

Susanna Garcia susanna.garcia at icloud.com
Fri Apr 24 19:36:37 CEST 2015

Rebel Technology Modular Synth Workshop
Music Hackspace, Container Ville, Unit 15, 5–10 Corbridge Crescent , London, E2 9DS United Kingdom
Saturday 16 May, 11:00 am to 19:00 pm

[Sorry for any cross-posting]

Build your own Rebel Technology synthesizer modules at the Music Hackspace! We are pleased to present a workshop in Eurorack module building by London-based manufacturer Rebel Technology. You don’t have to have previous experience with soldering or electronics, we will be there throughout to help you with any difficulties.

Over the course of the day we will guide you through the construction of a module of your choice, explain how it works and help you with any assembly problems you might have.

The modules on offer are easy to build. They include all electrical components and other parts, and come with professionally made front panels and PCBs. There is no fee for the workshop, you only pay for the kits that you want to build.

You can choose between some of Rebel’s most popular modules:
Stoicheia : Euclidean beat sequencer
Logoi : voltage controlled clock delay and divider (swing / shuffle)
Klasmata : voltage controlled beat sequencer

These modules are great for turning a clock signal into a compelling and musical beat pattern. They are designed to complement each other, but each one functions perfectly well on its own and in combination with other modules.

If you are comfortable building kits and have good soldering experience then you will be able to build more than one.

All our modules are open source: hardware and firmware. This means they’re endlessly customisable. If you are interested in microcontroller programming then we can help you modify the code. The panels are reversible, which means that you can draw your own design if you like.

More information about the modules can be found here: http://www.rebeltech.org/modules/

Please book your place via: workshops at musichackspace.org

---
Music Hackspace Workshops
Unit 15, Container Ville. 5-10 Corbridge Crescent. London E2 9DS
Email: workshops at musichackspace.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/musichackspace
Website: http://musichackspace.org/
--