[spectre] The Institute for the Advancement of Popular Automatisms (IFAPA) presents: Google & friends

Eugenio Tisselli cubo23 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 17:55:37 CEST 2015

  The Institute for the Advancement of Popular Automatisms (IFAPA) presents: GOOGLE & FRIENDShttp://www.ifapa.me/GOOGLE_AND_FRIENDS
"The advantage of applying the surveillance to profiles, "events," and virtualities is that statistical entities don't take offense, and individuals can still claim they're not being monitored, at least not personally. While cybernetic governmentality already operates in terms of a completely new logic, its subjects continue to think of themselves according to the old paradigm. We believe that our "personal" data belong to us, like our car or our shoes, and that we're only exercising our "individual freedom" by deciding to let Google, Facebook, Apple, Amazon or the police have access to them, without realizing that this has immediate effects on those who refuse to, and who will be treated from then on as suspects, as potential deviants."- The Invisible Committee, "Fuck off Google"
The Institute for the Advancement of Popular Automatisms (IFAPA) is an ongoing research on the effects that the machinic discourse has on human bodies, minds and languages. It seeks to politicize the intimate space in which humans and machines see eye-to-eye, by turning it into a playground of mathematical excess. In order to achieve such goal, the researchers who develop ifapa.me invent and disseminate automatisms capable of reinforcing numeric domination, and therefore reducing the sphere of human thought and activity to mere button-clicking-clickety-click.
Thanks for clicking.

The staff at IFAPA.