[spectre] SEIKO MIKAMI (1961-2015) - Works on ADA

Oliver Grau Oliver.Grau at donau-uni.ac.at
Mon Jan 26 10:23:22 CET 2015

Mourning the death of SEIKO MIKAMI (1961-2015)

It is with dismay and great sorrow that we have learned about the
passing of Seiko MIKAMI. She was one of the first members of the Archive
of Digital Art (former Database of Virtual Art) documenting her
ground-breaking installations and interactive art works.

STEPHEN WILSON:
"Seiko Mikami’s work explores the philosophical debate about whether
the world is constructed by human attention as opposed to discovered."

The ADA Team will remember her as a vivid and inspiring person, who
influenced the way we see the correlations between information systems
and human sensing. Her great works are landmarks in the field of
interactive art and will definitely inspire coming generations.

Seiko MIKAMI documented her work quite extensive in ADA, and our team
is currently working on enlarging the material available about her
works. ADA community members are invited to login and add to the legacy
of her artistic career by leaving comments and essays on her works’
archive pages.
https://www.digitalartarchive.at/database/artists/general/artist/mikami.html

Please find instructions how to post your text here
https://www.digitalartarchive.at/support/help.html

www.digitalartarchive.at

If you are not a member you may apply here
https://www.digitalartarchive.at/support/account-request.html

THE ARCHIVE OF DIGITAL ART
Since its foundation in 1999, the Archive of Digital Art (former
Database of Virtual Art) has become the most important scholarly online
Archive for digital media art. In cooperation with established media
artists, researchers, and institutions, it has been documenting the
rapidly evolving world of digital art and its related fields for more
than a decade and contains today a selection of thousands of artworks at
the intersection of art, science, and technology.

Advisory board: Christiane PAUL, Roy ASCOTT, Erkki HUHTAMO, Jorge LA
FERLA, Gunalan NADARAJAN, Beryl GRAHAM, Martin ROTH, et.al.

ADA team:
Oliver GRAU, Michaela SEISER, Sebastian HALLER, Viola RÜHSE, Wendy
COONES, Ann-Christin RENN, Valerie KUMMER
digitalart.editor at donau-uni.ac.at
www.digitalartarchive.at