[spectre] “Donna Ingabbiata” by Tomaso Binga at the Widget Art Gallery. July 22 - August 31 2015.

Chiara Passa chiarapassa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:42:26 CEST 2015

Dear friends & colleagues,

I'm proud to present “Donna Ingabbiata” (caged woman) by Tomaso Binga. July
22 - August 31 2015, at the Widget Art Gallery http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag
Web-App cross-device and platform. Always available the osx-dashboard
version at http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html  Enjoy the
show!

Have a nice summer!
Best rregards, Chiara Passa

About the SHOW

Binga asked me to make swinging from the ceiling of the WAG her caged head
– icon of deprived liberty, she is fed through the bars by a male hand
offering her an almond seed: symbol of the species’ survival. Binga is
reusing for the WAG her caged head - that was the core in the performance
she made in 1974 - to question the woman's freedom today in relation to new
media. Tomaso Binga is a poet, among the best-known Italian exponent of
sound poetry and performance art.
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomaso_Binga

About the WAG

Due to our needs that seem to be increasingly handheld, WAG was born on
2009! The Widget Art Gallery is a mini single art gallery room fitting into
people's pocket. Every month, the WAG hosts a solo digital art exhibition
related to its dynamic site-specific context. So the WAG works both as a
sort of kunsthall showing temporary exhibitions and also as museum
conserving all the past shows inside an online archive that creates a
permanent collection.
WAG website http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html

--
Chiara Passa - media artist