[spectre] Headed out of Beta/Picking Your Superpower.

furtherfield furtherfielder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:50:04 CEST 2015

Sorry for any cross posting...

Headed out of Beta/Picking Your Superpower.

Patrick Lichty visits this year's Augmented World Expo to find out whether
the increasingly immersive technologies of Augmented and Virtual Reality
will give us superpowers or lock us in to the whims of our technological
overlords.

"Those were the words I noticed when interviewing Augmented World Expo
organizer Ori Inbar several days before AWE2015, the trade show of
Augmented and Virtual Reality. “We’re not in beta anymore...” Inbar said,
“We now have companies implementing enterprise-scale Augmented Reality
solutions, and with coming products like the Meta One and Microsoft
HoloLens, the consumer market is being lined up as well.” With the addition
of the UploadVR summit to AWE2015 the event was a blitz of ideas,
technologies and new hardware."

http://bit.ly/1BJ7XzV