[spectre] if a23 ? #1

ahanon aha at aharonic.net
Wed Mar 11 11:10:06 CET 2015

Hiyas,

Hope this finds you all pretty well indeed!!

Here's the 1st communication re the currently succinctly called practice:
"if a23?"

Am not particularly comfortable about the calling and the name, but hey -
do I really Need to feel or Be comfortable??!!

Name suggestions are welcome, as well as other naming imagination
practices.. (e.g. why Oh why naming or titling stuff while being somehow
clueless as to what, how, why and even exactly when it is?

Here's the #1 blurb:

(alt name based on Range/Wave/Set imagination)
>?. between, a23, searching, skating, intervals, brighton, Hundred Years
Gallery .?<

Skateboarding as searching? Searching as imagining? Imagining as Art? Art
as intervals? Intervals as stops? Stops as moving? Moving as paving?
Paving as computing? Computing as skateboarding? Skateboarding as surfing?
Surfing as waves? Waves as senses? Senses as questions?

Starting March 11th 2015 we’ll begin a new practice by skateboarding from
Brighton to the 100 Years Gallery. The instance of the practice will
transform into a pop up digital gallery, probably on the 19th of March,
2015, at the Hundred Years Gallery.
(The probability depends on weather, health, and the fact we are searching
from not researching to - hence future is, err, at the present -
unknown..)

During the practice, the artist(?), skateboarder(?), aharon(?), will
explore the A23 through skateboarding from Brighton to Hundred Years
Gallery. Aharon will stop in train stations, bus stops, other stops
along(ish) the A23; and provide a few minutes sessions of skateboarding.
These sessions will be filmed by the public - ie people at the scene.
These filmed clips will be collected, brought to the Hundred Years
Gallery, and exhibited in the physical space on a local digital pop-up
gallery.

Links:

http://ifa23.beep.pm/ - files to do with the practice.

if a23 on Hundred Years Gallery site
http://www.hundredyearsgallery.com/a23 (will have its own updates, I
think..)

------------------------------------

Tonight at Hundred Years Gallery

Queen Mary Visual Arts Collective:
Following an open call at the end of last year, ‘2015’ is the first
collaborative exhibition by students at Queen Mary University working as
the Visual Arts Collective.
Further details:
http://www.hundredyearsgallery.com/qm-visual-arts-collective-2015/

Cheers, and all the bests!