[spectre] Exhibition : Arte en Órbita, Quito, Ecuador

pedro pedruski at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:04:54 CET 2015

Arte en Órbita
Centre de Arte Contemporaneo, Quito, Ecuador.
7 March to 6 June 2015
Free Entrance

Arte en Orbita (Art in Orbit) is an exhibition of artists and groups,
principally from South America, who are exploring orbital and outer space,
it's structures, imaginations and technologies. Since ancient times the
cosmos has structured our societies and now more than ever with satelites
as the infrastructure of global capitalism. Speaking from the peripheries,
the works trace postcolonial narratives that announce new, ancient and
varied ways of examining our place in the cosmos and on earth, in the
shadow of the anthropocene.

http://arteenorbita.diferencial.org
https://www.facebook.com/artinorbit

Curators :

Pedro Soler y Fabiane Borges

Participants :

African Space Research Program (Uganda)
Agencia Boliviana Espacial (Bolivia)
Agencia Espacial Civil Ecuatoriana (Ecuador)
Alejandro Duque (Colombia)
Alejandra Pérez (Chile)
Arcangel Constantini (México)
Bruno Vianna (Brasil)
Carolina Ibarra (Chile)
Copenhagen Suborbitals (Denmark)
Denise Alves-Rodrígues (Brasil)
Felipe Jácome (Ecuador)
Foco Crítico (Colombia)
Irving Estrada (Ecuador)
Jaime Rodríguez (Ecuador)
Joanna Griffin (UK/India)
Kongo Astronauts (DR Congo)
Leila Lopes (Brasil)
Luca Carubba (Italy/Colombia)
Oficina de Asuntos Extraterrestres (Colombia)
Palestinian Space Agency (Palestine)
Parti Rhinocéros (Quebec)
Pilar Quinteros (Chile)
Simone Chambelland (Chile)
Simón Vega (El Salvador)
Ulises I (México)
v.u.f.o.c (Indonesia)

Workshops :

Bruno Vianna (Brasil)
Cristobal Cobo (Ecuador)
Eduardo Castro (Ecuador)
Ines del Pino (Ecuador)
Jose Toral (Ecuador)

Performances :

Arcangel Constantini (Mexico)
Baúl (Colombia)
José Toral & Cristina Baquerizo (Ecuador)
Oficina de Asuntos Extraterrestres (Colombia)

--
-