[spectre] Re: [artnchat] the performativity of uk as a thief?

if aha at aharonic.net
Mon Mar 30 20:50:20 CEST 2015

Hey!!

Fab to hear!

Thanks for feedback. Any info re your shop adventures..?

What kind of stuff/objects(??) did you take off shops? What did you bring in?
I think Sal Randolph did some project re books placements in shops.
Might be interesting to switch places between people and shelving units,
perhaps..

Anyhow:
Coincidentally - just bumped into this data re NSA supposedly looking out
for stuff like:
People looking down.
Yawning.
Throat clearing.
more:
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/03/27/revealed-tsas-closely-held-behavior-checklist-spot-terrorists/

It made me think about your entrainment ideas. (despite the fact em
uncomfortable with the term, or maybe because of it?)

See, the the who entrain who and how has an obvious power thing going on,
I think. This, in a sense, comes out from the shop scarcity keeper
interaction. He thought that am challenging His domain of power, or sensed
it. Hence it was important for him to let me know what his performative
parameters are. What he is looking for in people's movements. The idea is
that once I know his perceptual conception curational process, it becomes
the context by which my corresponding performative movements in the shop
are entrained by. (Whether I follow the keeper's gaze, or not - he set the
rules. And since its not a negotiative process, the entrainment is
instantly ruled by the jungle's whims.)

Hence, am currently considering that maybe a cross-time and locale
performance of entrainment could be made into a practice?

Perhaps begin with questions of negotiations regarding what people look in
one another?
e.g.
Say am telling a person that shoulders, how they are being handled by
one's body are very important to me.. I bet some people, at least for a
short while, will begin cultivating an awareness for their shoulders -
even if they have not done that before..

Same can be said to times, shoes, etc..

However, in this practice, the idea could be to exchange on equality
seeking sequences. ie, one can say - Don't freaking dare check my shoes
like that!! (..or at all)
That kind of stuff is not uttered when equality is skewed towards the
"more equal". Hence in certain cultures, people do not find it "strange"
when people whistle, or look at each-others' shoes.. ie, once an
individual feels prevented by the sense of an element's prevalence and
cultivation within a given group, to question - we get an indicator of
equality lost...(??)

Perhaps its a practice of keeping entrainment not just negotiative but
questioned. Entrainment among equal goes all directions..

eg going back to the scarcity keeper - perhaps he didn't like the fact
that my activities demanded an entrainment from him. An entrainment of his
performance curation. That there might be activities that Look like X but
are actually Z..(?)

Will be fab to chat about it.. ;)

Cheers and all the best beasts!!

aharon