[spectre] SSG needs PRELOADER. Competition!

metazoa.org info at metazoa.org
Mon Nov 2 22:09:52 CET 2015

*ScreenSaverGallery <http://screensaver.metazoa.org/> invites all artists
around the world to create PRELOADER that will be used during the upcoming
screensavers.*

*Competition!*
All preloaders submitted in response to this call will be shown to the
public during the PAF Festival of Film Animation
<http://www.pifpaf.cz/en/> from
3rd until 6th of December 2015 as a special screensaver. Festival visitors
will have the opportunity to rate each preloader. At the end of the
festival we will announce the winner who will get one month within the SSG
in early 2016.

*Recommended topics of PRELOADER are:*
Animation of Animation, Show within the Show, Coeval-Coincident, or any
other tautology.

*Limitations:*
Maximal size is limited to 200 x 200 px and 340 kB.

Supported formats are: GIF and all preloaders built with any web technology
(html5 canvas, javascript, CSS3…). Unfortunately we cannot support flash
and APNG.

*Deadline:30th of November 2015 at 11.59 PM*

Please send the preloader via email to info at metazoa.org with the subject:
PRELOADER. Also include the basic information, especially Your name and the
title of the preloader.

*ScreenSaverGallery needs PRELOADER!*
Downloading of SSG show may be boring, especially when the SSG servesthe
video and also the build-in preloader is not very fascinating.

Nevertheless PRELOADER is the best friend of the screensaver, so we decided
to use preloaders as sort of a show within a show. We wish to expand the
exhibition space so each upcoming SSG show, if necessary, will include the
preloader signed by other artist. SSG curators will care about the dialog
that will inevitably arise.

Slightly ironically can the preloader within the screensaver animate some
of the visual artistic strategies.

Save Your Screen!

http://screensaver.metazoa.org/ssg-needs-preloader-competition/