[spectre] Ground Truth: ‘The Migrant Machine’ Dani Admiss and Cecilia Wee

furtherfield furtherfielder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:29:43 CET 2015

Sorry for any cross posting...

Ground Truth: ‘The Migrant Machine’ Dani Admiss and Cecilia Wee

Date: Saturday 28 November 11.30-5pm
LAB #4 ipart of the Art Data Money series at Furtherfield
more info - http://bit.ly/1kMbiq0

A day-long workshop, led by independent curators and researchers Dani
Admiss and Cecilia Wee, looking at how we are locked-into contemporary
conditions that bring migration into being.

This workshop proposes a challenge, that the powerful and pervasive
technologies of migration offer much possibility beyond their current
usage. How can we work with these technologies (and their social effects)
to inform and enact virtual mobility and cultural activism?

Thinking through ideas of art and social change, the day aims to unpick the
abstract forces, the limited means we have to communicate them, and the
dependency on automation, simulation, and capture to tell us the ‘truth’,
but which escapes the importance of lived experience.

more info - http://bit.ly/1kMbiq0