[spectre] open call for DIGITAL 3D MODELS (to be printed and shown in Brazil)

Gabriel Menotti gabriel.menotti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 15:22:15 CEST 2015

Apologies for cross-posting + spamming! This call might interest some of
you.

Best!
Menotti

* * *

*OPEN CALL FOR DIGITAL 3D MODELS*
//800cm3.com

We are currently seeking original digital 3D models to be printed and shown
in the exhibition APPROXIMATELY 800cm3 OF PLA.

The event is part of The Wrong – New Digital Arts Biennale and happens both
on- and offline, beginning NOVEMBER 15th.

Each day, one of the received models will be 3D printed using a standard
amount of PLA plastic and put on display IRL at Baile, an academic project
space in the city of Vitória, Brazil. Pictures of the printed models will
be taken and shown in the online pavillion 800cm3.com.

Printing happens on a sort of first-come, first-served basis, so be quick
with your submission!

There is absolutely no restriction of theme, character or use for the
submitted models. We welcome laser-scanned “real-world” objects and beings,
virtual stuff sculpted in animation software, generative-programmed
abstract forms, spare or custom parts made for your home appliances,
medical prosthetics, etc. Even things that were not originally intended to
be printed!

All of the models must be saved in OBJ or STL format and sent by email to
800cm at gmail.com. Check full conditions of participation on the website
800cm3.com.

The project will be running until our spool of PLA – which contains about
800cm3 of the material – lasts.