[spectre] Production Methods by Executive Chair at Watermans

Irini-Mirena Papadimitriou imirena at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 19:24:49 CET 2015

Hello all
I wanted to share info about our new exhibition at Watermans, which opens very soon. I hope you will get a chance to visit.
We have a special event on Saturday 14 November as part of the Digital Performance Weekender, as well as a series of free workshops to produce a new piece for the show in collaboration with the artists. Please see info below. Fell free to share with anyone, who might be interested to join us. Production Methods By Executive ChairFriday 6 November - Sunday 10 JanuaryWatermans
Special event: Saturday 14 November, 18.30-21.00, as part of Digital Performance Weekenderhttp://watermans.ticketsolve.com/shows/873541456/events?show_id=873541456

Whether you have had a job for life, are on a zero-hours contract or are an unpaid intern, Production Methods will seem familiar to all that have ever worked. It gives an unsettling sense of scale forcing us to look upwards to the boss or "the management" and beyond to the infrastructure and digital technologies that influence so many of our waking and working hours. Throughout the space office furniture and the remains of a bankrupt business sit, the workers are absent, perhaps fired by group text message?

When visiting the gallery it might be buzzing with energy, and words, or lying dormant waiting for the start of the business day. The boxes that dominate the space are the kind hastily packed with possessions and clutched by a worker just made redundant; containing within them the promises and produce of marching progress, these boxes also serve as the site of artistic production. And the gallery will be re-energised, a business founded anew through a group of new economy workers who will bring the space to life through a programme of participatory public workshops.

Production Methods brings together curatorial insights, sculptural critiques and playful interventions into the infrastructure of financial markets, the polemics and semantics of outsourced public services and the diffuse boundary between work and life.

Executive Chair are artists Haydn Jones, Fabio Lattanzi Antinori, Jonathan Munro working with curator Ozden Sahin. The group examines the worlds of work and finance and how art and technology can be used to cast a light on the diffuse boundary between work and life. They make playful, challenging and engaging installations and sculptures that examine complex personal, governmental and organisational relationships.

http://executivechair.co
A series of five free participatory workshops will allow members to engage with the project and collaborate with the artists for the production of a new artwork and/or publication for the exhibition.

Workshop Dates: Saturdays, 31 October, 7, 14, 21, 28 November, 14.00-17.00, FREE
Bookings: http://watermans.ticketsolve.com/shows/873541300/events?show_id=873541300

All the bestIrini

-- Irini Papadimitriou
Head of New Media Arts Development