[spectre] Artist in Residence call - Digital Performance in Art Spaces

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:55:29 CEST 2016

Access Space
Artist in Residence call -  Digital Performance in Art Spaces

Deadline for applications Thursday 28th April 2016

Theme and context:

We are looking for an artist creating or researching digital performance
works in small art venues (practical research, performance writing,
academic research, or any combination), particularly theatre, dance and
performance art, to be resident at Access Space for three weeks in June
2016.
Access Space has been in the process of transformation. Over the last year
we have been developing the venue as a performance space.
Events this year have included dance pieces by Hacking the Body –
Flutter/Stutter, live coded music and multi-channel performances. See
www.facebook.com/accessspace for more examples. However, we wish to
diversify further the art forms we host.

You will be able to use our main space (see our Facebook photostream) for
periods during the residency, but bear in mind we will have other events on
every now and then.
Access Space also has Refab Space, a hacker/prototyping space, with a laser
cutter and cnc router, digital embroidery machine, vinyl cutter, workbench
facilities, hand tools, Arduinos and electronics which you will be welcome
to use to create anything for your work.
We would like you to give a talk about your work at some point toward the
end of your stay and document the residency online (we aren't necessarily
expecting any performed work, but that will be up to you).

Info:

Please send a project/research proposal of no more than 500 words, a
production budget (if needed) and your preferred dates.
Note that the time period is not flexible and the three weeks will need to
be within June 2016.
Please ensure that you list any equipment, software or technical
requirements clearly, and also what equipment and software of your own you
intend to bring with you to use.
Please put your name, address, phone number and email at the end of the
proposal together with your website address and/or web addresses of online
examples of previous work.

We will accept pdf format documents only.

Email to Jake Harries (Director of Art & Innovation)
jakeaccessspace at gmail.com

Short listed candidates will be interviewed by Skype on the 2nd or 3rd of
May.

The successful artist will receive an artist fee of £1500 GBP, free self
catering accommodation, a contribution toward travel and a modest
production budget if needed.

Access Space
3-7 Sidney Street
Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 4RG