[spectre] Ghost Walker: An Impossible Walk Through Mexico City’s History

MODELAB modelab at outlook.com
Mon Aug 8 16:13:59 CEST 2016

Ghost Walker

Sandra Calvo, Ramiro Chaves, Erick Meyenberg, Raul Ortega Ayala, Sergio Miranda Pacheco, Manuel Rocha Iturbide

As beings that move through space and time, humans are fundamentally historical creatures. Only when we have spacial encounters with history do we begin to become familiar with our historical components.

Sergio Miranda Pacheco, urban historian

Similar to photography negatives, urban design comprises information on what is not visible and only can be inferred by its contours. In this manner, urban geography becomes a catalogue of defeats and absences that can be interpreted from what once existed.

Based on Mexico City maps from 1867 and 1892, superposed on a 2016 satellite map of the Juárez and Cuauhtémoc eighbourhoods, Ghost Walker seeks to create an appropriation of histories through an artistic and scholar exploration of a specific street that ceased to exist more than a century ago.

The exhibit "Ghost Walker: an Impossible Walk Through Mexico City’s History" will be on display in the Museum of Science and Art (MUCA-Roma) in Mexico City until August 14.

The bilingual digital book can be downloaded ** here (http://modelab.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&id=a3d0b24c37&e=b85ae737bb)

Copyright © 2016 MODELAB, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
www.modelab.info
modelab at outlook.com

** (http://modelab.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&id=b2cb4b01e8&e=b85ae737bb)

** (http://modelab.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&id=ffd3f7de90&e=b85ae737bb)

** (http://modelab.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&id=c0e2c1b89d&e=b85ae737bb)

This email was sent to spectre at mikrolisten.de (mailto:spectre at mikrolisten.de)
why did I get this? (http://modelab.us9.list-manage2.com/about?u=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&id=3ddc934ca8&e=b85ae737bb&c=263b13981e)     unsubscribe from this list (http://modelab.us9.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&id=3ddc934ca8&e=b85ae737bb&c=263b13981e)     update subscription preferences (http://modelab.us9.list-manage.com/profile?u=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&id=3ddc934ca8&e=b85ae737bb)
MODELAB . Po Box Online . Modelab, Modelab 1234 . Mexico

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=7574142e19fcd7ce7cf505d29&afl=1