[spectre] "Trust Me I'm An Artis: The Conundrum of Plant Life by Spela Petric

Annick2 abureaud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:43:21 CET 2016

Dear Spectrites

A New Year and a New Article in the Trust Me, I'm an Artist
Series.

This is the article by Spela Petric : "Trust Me I'm An
Artis: The Conundrum of Plant Life.
"Skotopoiesis" is the first event from the series
"Confronting Vegetal Otherness" within which artist Spela
Petric explores novel plant-human relationships beyond the
limits of empathy, interfaces and language. This 19-hour
performance was an attempt at intercognition with
germinating cress, using her body's shadow as a sign of
human presence. This work challenges the ethics of including
plant life in artworks as well as to assess our attitude
towards plants in general.

http://olats.org/trustme/articles.php

Enjoy !

Best