[spectre] Inoculum – Connecting the Other,4–5 February 2016, CLB Berlin

• Theresa Schubert • theresa.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 22:21:08 CET 2016

*Inoculum – Connecting the Other*
*4–5 February 2016, CLB Berlin*

Dear fellow scientists, art lovers and friends,
Just in time for the start of the cultural season we are going to host a
conference on bio materials in science, art and philosophy in Berlin! We
warmly invite you to two days of interdisciplinary discussions and a
meet-up for future collaborations at CLB Berlin.

INTRO:
In the age of the anthropocene, our understanding of media and materials
is in flux. Natural sciences are not only investigating living
materials. Biotechnical methods are spreading into DIY-culture as well
as into the field of bio hacking. Simultaneously in the humanities, the
idea of the ‚post-human‘ has become a central topic. Artists are engaged
in these discussions and are examining the relationship between humans
and other life forms. In doing so they transcend the usage of living
biological matter – be it of human or animal origin – as a mere tool,
and foster collaborations between animate beings. It becomes a medium
that allows for collaborations between animate beings. Inocolum deals
with these interdisciplinary and interspecific entanglements. Experts
from the arts, natural sciences and philosophy will discuss their
individual access to notions of the living.

READ MORE: http://inoculum.phychip.eu
Facebook: https://goo.gl/m3HHuS

All presentations will take place on February 4th–5th during the day,
whilst Dani Ploeger (GB/NL) and Interspecifics Collective (MX) will
perform on Thursday evening from 7 pm.
List of participants: Suzanne Anker, Laura Benitez Valero, Ursula Damm,
Michael Dirnberger, Hans-Günther Döbereiner, Martin Grube, Agi Haines,
William Myers, Maja Smrekar
Moderation: Regine Rapp (Art Laboratory Berlin), Sascha Pohflepp,
Theresa Schubert
All events will be held in English. The event is open to the public and
admission is free of charge.

We are looking forward to welcoming you!

The Inoculum-team

Inoculum is an event by the Bauhaus-University Weimar, funded by the
European Commission in the FP7 programme »Future and Emerging
Technologies« scheme: Project »Physarum Chip – Growing Computers from
Slime Mould«.
With friendly support by CLB Berlin.

---