[spectre] OUT NOW "I don't shake robot hands" 4th Fiber-GIF at the WAG by Michael Andrews.

Chiara Passa chiarapassa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 08:56:13 CEST 2016

Dear friends & colleagues,

is out now the 4th and last Fiber-GIF artwork at the WAG "I don't shake
robot hands", by Michael Andrews .

May 19 - July 19 2016, at the Widget Art Gallery
http://www.chiarapassa.it/wag Web-App cross-device. It's always available
the osx-dashboard version at
http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html Enjoy the show!

Is OUT now the article (by Elena Giulia Rossi) on Arshake
http://www.arshake.com/en/un-fiber-artist-nella-widget-art-gallery/ on
Michael's gif-artwork for the WAG.

Best regards, Chiara Passa

About the SHOW

Michael Andrews is visual artist and Assistant Professor at SAIC Chicago.
He is well-known for be part of the fiber art movement. His artistic
research uses epic craft techniques to revamp familiar textile applications.

"I'm filling the WAG room with flirtatious bodies. Each one does a slow
strip tease but instead of removing articles of clothing the bodies are
erotically tuning themselves inside out. There will be five performers in
total over the course of the WAG exhibition. Each one will appeal to a
variety of tastes and desires. It's like a drag show for the bodiless"
(Michael).

About the WAG

Due to our needs that seem to be increasingly handheld, WAG was born on
2009! The Widget Art Gallery is a mini single art gallery room fitting into
people's pocket. Every month, the WAG hosts a solo digital art exhibition
related to its dynamic site-specific context. So the WAG works both as a
sort of kunsthall showing temporary exhibitions and also as museum
conserving all the past shows inside an online archive that creates a
permanent collection.
WAG website http://www.chiarapassa.it/TheWidgetArtGallery.html

--
Chiara Passa - media artist