[spectre] CRITICAL INTERFACE POLITICS RESEARCH GROUP @ HANGAR - EVENTS

JOANA joana.moll at hangar.org
Wed Nov 2 15:34:56 CET 2016

(sorry for cross-posting)

Dear all,

We are happy to announce our next events within the Critical Interface
Politics research group based at HANGAR [Barcelona], part of the
European consortium IMAGIT. The project seeks to critically reveal and
analyze the complex network of agents that come together to configure
the Internet, from submarine and underground cables to geopolitics,
environmental impact of data flows, tangible and intangible interfaces,
online tracking, surveillance and privacy. Our investigation strongly
focus on developing critical pedagogical strategies and experimental
methodologies to uncover and analyze common online tracking practices
used by major marketing and advertising corporations, highlight the
materiality of the global flows of information, visualize Internet
infrastructures and identify the biases within user interface design.

+ RESEARCH ARCHIVE: https://crit.hangar.org/toolbox/

WORKSHOPS //

THE INTERNET DECONSTRUCTED // Joana Moll // November 3rd 2016 // Htmlles
2016 - Concordia University, Montreal.

+ Info:
http://feministmediastudio.ca/events/htmlles-joana-moll-a-deconstruction-of-the-internet/

TRACKING FORENSICS // Joana Moll & Andrea Noni // November 12-13th //
Spektrum, Berlin.

+ Info:
http://spektrumberlin.de/events/detail/workshop-tracking-forensics-joana-moll-andrea-noni.html

TRACKING FORENSICS // Joana Moll & Andrea Noni in collaboration with
SHARE LAB. // November 18-20th // HANGAR, Barcelona.

+ Info:
https://hangar.org/en/workshops-artist2artists/taller-tracking-forensics-joana-moll-andrea-noni/

A POETIC DECONSTRUCTION OF THE INTERFACE // Joana Moll
December 7th 2016 // Karlsruhe University of Arts and Design (HfG)
+ Info (coming soon)

RESARCH & ARTISTIC RESIDENCIES //

“ETHIC USES OF COLLECTED DATA ” // SHARE LAB [https://labs.rs/en/] //
November – December 2016.

“INTERFACE BIAS” // OPEN CALL! // Deadline January 17th 2017

+ Info:
https://hangar.org/en/beques/convocatories-beques/espanol-convocatoria-membrana-2-residencia-artistica-para-una-aproximacion-critica-de-la-interfaz/

+ CONTACTS //

joana.moll at hangar.org