[spectre] 24/9 in DEN HAAG - New Emergences #4 - How numbers speak for themselves

anne wellmer awellmer at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 13 01:06:54 CEST 2016

New Emergences is a lecture and discussion series highlighting the current debates around gender in electronic music.

==============

The original title is: Aesthetics, Politics, Philosophy and New Emergences in Current Electronic Music and Surroundings.

==============

Earlier this year we began the series as a student initiative at the Institute of Sonology in March 2016. Throughout the three events that we have had so far, there has been a lot of goodwill for us and all the keynote speakers and panellists have provided their presence and conversations for free.

==============

We have been very busy this summer preparing for this next event, and we would also like to invite you to take a look at our new website: New Emergences. Here we launch it to the public. It is an ongoing project and its ethos will be a hub that connects the projects of (primarily female but to include all other undervoiced) composers, improvisers, performers, researchers, film and sound artists working within the field of electronic music and beyond. The website is conceived to be a continuously emerging web of information that will serve as a platform to engage with new and existing voices.

On the website, we have a central blog which details the past three events and their summaries - soon to be fully completed. Please take a look at:

https://newemergences.wordpress.com/

==============

We are very happy to announce that we have been able to place our 4th lecture and discussion event into the Bright Collisions Symposium of Todays Art Festival on Saturday, September 24th. The event will remain free to the public, and will take place from 11:00-13.00. http://todaysart.nl/2016/

==============

NEW EMERGENCES NO.4 - How numbers speak for themselves

==============

Keynote:

Ruth Timmermans (BE/NL) – Director of Gonzo magazine, based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
https://www.gonzocircus.com/

==============

For the discussion Ruth is joined on the panel by

Anne La Berge (US/NL) – renowned composer/performer of electro-acoustic music based in Amsterdam.
http://annelaberge.com/

+

Florian Cramer (DE/NL) – critical researcher in the arts based in Rotterdam.
http://v2.nl/archive/people/florian-cramer

+ (t.b.a)

Moderator: Mariette Groot (NL), runs Underbelly, a mobile store based in Rotterdam, with a focus on sound art and experimental music.
www.underbelly.nu

The discussions will focus in, and will extend into the points driven by the keynote presentation, and will allow questions and comments from the audience.

Filmhuis (or Theater aan het Spui), Spui 191, Den Haag
Saturday 24 September 2016
11:00 - 13:00
gratis

website: