[spectre] Pixelache Festival 2016 – 'Interfaces for Empathy' 22.-25.9.

Mari Keski-Korsu mari.keskikorsu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 22:12:26 CEST 2016

Dear Spectres,

Pixelache Festival 2016, 'Interfaces for Empathy' starts in two weeks.
The whole programme is published on the festival website and the
registrations to the workshops are already filling up. The main location
of the festival is Lapinlahti old psychiatric hospital in Helsinki and
the dates are 22.-25.9.

Pixelache gets an exciting start with Saša Spačal’s and Slavko
Glamocanin’sSyncness <http://festival.pixelache.ac/events/syncness>
installation already this week. How does it sound to sync with 200
crickets? The grande opening of the actual festival on the 22^nd of
September is spiced with eg. 'Finnish weird' authorJohanna Sinisalo
<http://festival.pixelache.ac/events/messengers-between-worlds>who'll
take us to a journey with bees in between worlds. The four days of
festival are filled with multitude of inspiring programme and
experiments, seeking more emphatic connection to the ecosystems we live
within. Seeing ourselves trough other's eyes with VR-technoogy in
Machine to Be Another
<http://festival.pixelache.ac/events/the-machine-to-be-another>-project;
or the Genomic Gastronomy making us cry with theirTo Flavour Our Tears
<http://festival.pixelache.ac/events/to-flavour-our-tears>-project,
aiming to experiment how we make ourselves more delicious for insects.
The conversations are many, one of them happening in an outdoor hot tub
exploring empathy in between cells orCopy Love
<http://festival.pixelache.ac/events/copylove-and-remix-audio-visual-source-code>creating
new narratives against intolerance.

Please see the programme atfestival.pixelache.ac
<http://festival.pixelache.ac/>
All events are free of charge! (except two workshop having material fee)

Best wishes from Helsinki,
Pixelache