[spectre] Happy #PodcastDay

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:40:41 CEST 2016

*5 Podcasts you should check!*

*1/ - PROBES series. Curated by Chris Cutler
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag>*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag

PROBES <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag> takes Marshall McLuhan’s
conceptual contrapositions as a starting point to analyse and expose the
search for a new sonic language made urgent after the collapse of tonality
in the twentieth century. The series looks at the many probes and
experiments that were launched in the last century in search of new musical
resources, and a new aesthetic; for ways to make music adequate to a world
transformed by disorientating technologies.

*2/ ON LISTENING. Research process: Jacob Kirkegaard*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/jacob-kirkegaard/capsula

In this podcast, Kirkegaard reflects on the importance of listening and
argues that sound art can create purely sensory spaces that go beyond our
immediate perception, helping us to grasp the unfathomable.

*3/ *
*OBJECTHOOD #4. Curated by Roc Jiménez de Cisneros*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood4-nabil-
ahmed-arie-altena-agf/capsula

The slippery materiality of untraceable objects: from the arsenic poisoning
the wells of Bangladesh as told by Nabil Ahmed, to Arie Altena's account of
the superstition surrounding the Kola Superdeep Borehole in Russia, or the
bizarre biology of the vampire squid from hell in a passage of Vilém
Flusser’s ‘Vampyroteuthis Infernalis’ read by AGF.

*4/* *SON[I]A #221. Franco "Bifo" Berardi*
Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/franco-bifo-berardi-heroes/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/franco-bifo-berardi-heroes/capsula>

Bifo about mass killings in relation to cinema, mental health,
neuroplasticity, friendship, irony and, ultimately, hope.

*5/ SON[I]A #220. Angela Dimitrakaki. Feat. commissioned music by AGF*Link:
http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/angela-dimitrakaki-agf/capsula

Angela Dimitrakaki talks about the new feminist critique, the limits of
democracy, the wiles of post-capitalism, and the ambivalence of the
commons. We also touch on the notions of radical curating and collaborative
practices.

*E/N/J/O/Y *