[spectre] BLOCKCHAIN ART COMMISSION: The CryptoDetectorist – hoards, coins & trades

Marc.garrett marc.garrett at protonmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:57:09 CEST 2017

Sorry for any cross posting...

Call for Proposals from Furtherfield and NEoN Digital Arts Festival

BLOCKCHAIN ART COMMISSION: The CryptoDetectorist – hoards, coins & trades

Deadline for submissions 4th September
For exhibition 9th November
Fee and production costs £2500

While archaeology has often understood cultures through excavations of hoards and coins, what will today’s digital currencies tell future archaeologists about the way we live and trade?

This co-commission with NEoN Digital Arts Festival forms part of Furtherfield’s ongoing investigations into the politics of the blockchain, smart contracts, and cryptocurrency systems like Ethereum. It invites artists to imagine themselves as future media archaeologists, as recorders of our current information-based society, and as time-travelers highlighting the continued relevance of our long past. Will you dig for the digital, brush the dirt off the non-material, or excavate the internet?

For all details see here http://furtherfield.org/projects/blockchain-art-commission

Marc Garrett

Co-Founder, Co-Director and main editor of Furtherfield.
Art, technology and social change, since 1996
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery & Commons in the park
Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQhttp://www.furtherfield.org/gallery
Currently writing a PhD at Birkbeck University, London
https://birkbeck.academia.edu/MarcGarrett

Curating, Touring Exhibition
Monsters of the Machine:Frankenstein in the 21st Century
At Laboral, Spain until Sept 2017 http://bit.ly/2eGdpw1
Visiting other countries soon...