[spectre] Call: The W:OW Project (We Are One World)

Wilfried Agricola de Cologne artvideokoeln at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 10:34:17 CEST 2017

Open call
extended deadline: 30 November 2017

The W:OW Project – We Are One World -   http://wow.engad.org
is a global networking project in an exchange between virtual and physical
space (online/offline) including artists, curators and cultural
institutions from all parts on the globe.

The project directed and curated by Agricola de Cologne, director of
artvideoKOELN, is dealing with the most essential question of human
existence, eg. the survival of the human species on planet EARTH - to be
released in different presentation formats – a festival (video) - W:OW Art
Film & Video Festival - travelling around the globe and the virtual and a
physical exhibition open for a wide range of artistic media  - moving,
interactive and static images – non-visual: soundart (video, netart,
multimedia, VR, games, photography, digital image, soundart etc).

There is not doubt, that the current human civilization is about to destroy
itself through itself. Many ancient civilizations were erased because they
were extensively exploiting and misusing the natural resources destroying
their nutrition fundament and own living habitat, the same way as we do on
a much more radically global scale increasingly since decades. Do we learn
from history?

Just some keywords: climate change, global warming, fresh water, military
conflicts on water resources, migration, transmigration, refugees, respect,
tolerance, new technologies, communicating media, populist and
ant-democratic movements, exploition of natural resources, globally acting
companies, habitable zones, future generations, global responsibility and
many more.

The sciences have proved: we all  - whereever we are living on Earth - have
the same one ancestor in Africa. It is not too late that we, eg. the whole
mankind  - sitting in the same boat have to take responsibility for each
other which is requiring the greatest common efforts to prevent the
collapse of the biological, ecological, social and cultural systems on
Earth, and save our planet as habitable not only for the living, but also
the future generations.

„The W:OW Project“ is inviting artists from all over the world working in
different media to reflect Present and Future of our planet as the place
where life as such, the amazing diversity of a magnificent nature and the
human species had the chance to arise, where this human species made such
incredible achievements during the civilisatory development until these
days based on humanity, empathy and creativity, expressed, for instance, in
art, the sciences and a free and open democratic society – We Are One
World.

Participating is free of charge.

The regulations and entry form can be found on netEX – calls & deadlines -
http://netex.nmartproject.net/?p=7656

The W:OW Project – We Are One World – http://wow.engad.org
is a common project by artvideoKOELN, The New Museum of Networked Art and
invited networking instances (artists, curators & cultural institutions)
http://artvideo.koeln – artvideokoeln (at) gmail.com